Monday, August 17, 2009

Kali is on CPAP!!!

I am excited, happy, and thrilled!!
I'm just elated!!!!
Kali is doing so well!!!


The other day I posted that Kali was on a machine called SiPAP and was receiving back up breaths to remind her to breath.

Yesterday, I called at 6am to check on her and her nurse told me that she was now on CPAP!!

Which basically means that she's breathing on her own and is
NOT
receiving any back up breaths.
She is just receiving pressure.

Now when some people think of pressure, they think of a bad thing, but in this case it is not.  The pressure the machine is giving is allowing her lungs to stay inflated a little while she breaths.  She is still tiny, so if she didn't have the pressure it could cause her to tire out and go backwards (back on SiPAP or even the vent(ilator).



-Ua

No comments:

Post a Comment