Monday, July 5, 2010

A year ago today. . . . . .

A year ago today our world changed FOREVER!!!!

I'm in the hospital and I'm hoping and praying that I make it to 24 weeks.
I only had 3 more days to go.

I just knew we were going to make.
My waters had been broke for over a week 
and
Kali was doing very well.

To my surprise at 6:18pm,
I gave birth to my first child.
A 1lb 6oz baby girl.

Despite what everyone thought,
I gave birth to a crying 1lb 6oz baby girl.

I look at her today and I think of all that shes been through in the past year and I'm like wow!
Where did the time go?!?!?!

All the lovely woman on a website I'm part of supported us sooo much through this entire process.
Especially the NICU stay and their support was just so unbelievable.

They created this ticker
and they all posted in to there page to show their support.
This is a special group of women and I'm so grateful I found them.

She is doing surprisingly well for a 23wkr and I'm not surprised.
Gestational wise, she is doing exactly what she should be doing now,
minus a few things.

But all and all . . . . . 
she is a wonderful, happy baby.

Shes MY baby and I wouldn't change that for the world.

Her being in the NICU has made me look at life differently and I believe treat her differently.
It's made me appreciate her more and cherish every moment that I spend with her.

Sooooooo
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


We've decided to celebrate her birthday 
ALL MONTH LONG!!!!

Go Kali, go Kali!!!!

We have alot of first coming up in the next couple of weeks
and I can't wait.

Also, I saw a blog by this lady and it's called 365 days of "her little girls name"
and I've decided to do the same with Kali.
Basically she takes one picture (or more) of her little girl every day and
posts the picture on the blog.  I thought what a cute idea and I've decided to do the same with Kali.

So after I get my princess all dolled up and extra cute, I'll start taking picutres.

Also I have to make sure that I keep her blog current.

But again,
Happy Birthday
my sweet, precious, 23wkr!!!!!!!
 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment